Sunday, February 21, 2010

Joyce

I went to my home group church this morning. I am new there and don't really know many people, but the whole group has maybe 10-12 people in it and I like that. It's small and intimate. There was an old woman there this morning whom I had not met; she was a friend of one of the regular women who comes. During the prayer request/sharing time, she talked about how she felt she had nothing to live for and she didn't trust anyone and was afraid God had left her. She didn't know what God wanted her to do and felt she had no purpose to her life and future. She was depressed.

Instantly I felt connected with her, drawn to her, even encouraged by her.

It's refreshing for me to see people being real and honest, genuinely seeking connection with others and a closer relationship with God. I'm glad Joyce found an open, welcoming place this morning and that we prayed for her. This is what the body of Christ is about -- loving people, helping the wounded, blessing the tired and down-trodden.

No comments:

Post a Comment